NHS Dentist is the only entirely NHS practice that we know of in London. We do not accept private patients and we provide all our patients with the full range of treatment available under the NHS. This is in line with our strictly held belief that all treatment that is available under the NHS should be made available on the high street by practices such as ours. We do, however, have an obligation to provide treatments for our NHS patients that are NOT AVAILABLE under the NHS.
The NHS provides all the treatment necessary to secure and maintain your oral health. There are some treatments (mainly cosmetic) that are not normally available under the NHS, and you may choose to have these provided privately. You may also choose to have some treatment provided privately as an alternative to NHS treatment. The dentist will discuss these options with you so that you can make an informed choice. We have always done this but at a greatly reduced cost compared with most other practices.
Aside from highly aesthetic/cosmetic dental work such as scale & polish, porcelain crowns and veneers, we also provide implants, whitening and several different orthodontic straightening/corrective systems.
It is your choice whether you wish to undertake any of these procedures.
Tooth whitening is the most effective way of making your teeth whiter, or a lighter shade. It will have the effect of making your teeth look cleaner. It will not change the colour or shade of existing crowns, bridges, veneers or restorations.
How is it done?
- The safest and easiest way of whitening your teeth is by sleeping with 2 “trays” filled with whitening gel at night in your mouth.
- These “trays” are moulds which are made by a laboratory from impressions made by the dentist to fit your teeth exactly. The gel is provided by the dentist for you to use.
- You must only use the whitening for the recommended period.
- The trays must be cared for by brushing them and placing them in the container to be protected.
- Tooth whitening should only be sold by a dental practitioner
- Not to be used on a person under 18 years of age
We do comply with the maximum strength of gel recommended by the regulations
It is your choice whether you wish to undertake this procedure
Who We Use:
Polanight – Polanight is the leading dentist approved treatment for professional teeth whitening.
The brand Polanight is a global dental brand and offers effective and safe whitening results.