Teeth whitening is the most effective way of making your teeth whiter, or a lighter shade. It will have the effect of making your teeth look cleaner. It will not change the colour or shade of existing crowns, bridges, veneers or restorations.
How is it done?
- The safest and easiest way of whitening your teeth is by sleeping with two “trays” filled with whitening gel at night in your mouth
- These “trays” are moulds which are made by a laboratory from impressions made by the dentist to fit your teeth exactly. The gel is provided by the dentist for you to use
- You must only use the whitening for the recommended period
- The trays must be cared for by brushing them and placing them in the container to be protected
- Teeth whitening should only be done and sold by a dental practitioner
- Not to be used on a person under 18 years of age
We do comply with the maximum strength of gel recommended by the regulations. It is your choice whether you wish to undertake this procedure.